Little child, are you lost?

Turned into a little ghost 


Come play till the sun sets in the east 

As the dew falls like a feather's kiss 


Come play with me

Have some tea 

As happy as you'll ever be 

By my side, with me 


You shall never fall asleep  


Little child, are you bored? 

Do you really want more? 


Just come into my arms I'll help you 

Help you do all that you want to do


Now play with me

Why do you plea?

Your sins are flowing like a sea

Aren't you happy being with me? 


You can never fall asleep


Little child, oh little child 

Little child, oh don't you cry 


The river flows along with your tears 

Whispering all of your fears 


Can't play with me?

Then find the key 

Don't you fall onto your knee 

By my side, you'll forever be 


You will never fall asleep 


Even when the northern wind blows 

Even if the white lily shows 

Even when this hill is covered in snow 

Even if the deer would know 

Even when another one comes tomorrow 

I'll never let you go